I have finished grading your argumentation papers. Those of you who wish to do a revision should get it into me by the weekend. Thanks!
A few concerns with your argumentation papers:
- Each entry from the argument pair in Subject & Strategy gets a separate works cited entry.
- Make sure you refresh yourself on the correct way to do block quotes.
- Never, never, ever use phrases like “I totally agree” or “in my opinion,” you will end up sounding apologetic for your views!
- Make sure you are following the requirements set forth on paper handouts.
- Again, do not refer to the authors of books/articles/etc by their first name…and…
- This isn’t the New York Times, therefore you don’t have to call people you reference Mr., Ms., or Mrs.
After some deliberation, I have decided to extend the deadline for the argumentation paper until Sunday evening. The class is working very hard and a few more days will give you time to put in your best effort.
Please get your papers in to my email by midnight on Sunday evening/Monday morning.
Due to the inclement weather and cancellation of classes on Friday, I was not able to submit the argumentation paper handout to be printed. I am putting it up on our website for you to check out a few days early. I will not have copies with me in class on Monday, but I will go over it with you then. I will pick up print copies during my office hours and have them then if you’d like to pick one up. I will also bring print copies on Wednesday to class.
On Monday and Wednesday we will discuss argumentation.